Saturday 14 April 2012

Straordinaria

I've had a marvellous week. I think this has been a week in which I've felt settled - I've had work (always good), I'm definitely improving my comprehension (if not my speaking yet), I've been irritated (because one can't be happy all the time!) and I've done fun things.

After a discussion with a partner about exploring Milan and how much I love exploring new places, he gave me a gift the following day of a guidebook to Milan, with hidden places (google Milano Straordinaria) - so thoughtful! Absolutely lovely and I can't wait to explore the places.

In other news, I have been to La Scala! I went on the website, principally to try to book cheap tickets for something, but saw the last ticket available for Le Nozze di Figaro for the following evening. €90 later and I was off! It was lovely. Amazing singing, beautiful theatre, long (I left the theatre at 11.30pm), prosecco, stylish people.. just incredible.

Today I went to an "affordable" art show (Arte Accessibile) with a friend, going for aperitivo in Corso Sempione afterwards. Also managed to find (thanks to advice of aforementioned friend!) a department store which sold everything I needed, such as hair serum and tights.

I now intend to eat a homemade gf pizza and read Italian and watch trashy dubbed TV. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for X Factor USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews