Sunday 29 April 2012

Gelato, aperitivo and brunch. And more gelato.

My first visitor to Milan - enter Aislin!  After a slight struggle with the sleeper train, only arriving in Milan a mere 9 hours late (thanks Eurostar for your delayed train, meaning missing the sleeper...), I threw my keys at Aislin at around 3pm and met up with her for dinner.  Weirdly, my first dinner out in Milan.  Friday passed in a day of lunch (bufala con crudo, obvs) and aperitivi (in Corso Sempione and Corso Como).  Saturday, we took a day trip to Lake Como, taking the furnicular up to Brunate for stunning views.  Lunch was in a tiny osteria and we later had gelato whilst sitting on the edge of the lake.  Sunday was brunch at California Bakery (what can I say, I love that place!!) before Aislin had to get on a bus to Linate after an all-too-brief sejour.

Photos are, as ever, included.  Enjoy and don't be too jealous - I understand it was pretty nasty this weekend in London at least.


Mmmm sunny Lago di Como

Antique Aislin

Just hanging at the Lake

Snow in the distance (probably Switzerland)

Epic views

Osteria even had red and white tablecloths

Lake Como



Vintage shots of Como stazione.

1 comment:

  1. I want to be back in Milan! I think the antique format of the photo is very fitting - it does seem like ages ago that I was standing by a very sunny lake Como.. sigh. The food was wonderful (my Pret sandwich is not quite hitting the buffalo con crudo mark) and it was brilliant to have my own private tour guide. Some excellent evenings out - thanks Clairey! Now go and enjoy the sights (you know what I mean), sounds and tastes Milan while I get back to my chilly English room and desk lunches. Where do I get a spritz round here?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews