Saturday 21 April 2012

It's like being a teenager again



It has been many years (since approx 2nd year at university, so since I was 19) since I have owned a pay as you go phone. It has also been a long time since I've texted using the actual buttons and not using an iPhone/Blackberry. Nevertheless, today, I managed to purchase a Vodafone PAYG Nokia phone, which for topping up €5 per month should give me unlimited texts. Bravo Vodafone. Of course, my rudimentary Italian may not be functioning and I may have to pay more like €5 every time I want to text someone. But hopefully not. Please email/message me if you want the number.

In other news this week, I was planning on going to Venice for the day on Sunday, but as there are train strikes and the trains will thus be somewhat more temperamental than usual, I have decided not to risk it and perhaps go on 25 April (public holiday FTW). Instead, I am probably meeting up with a couple of the secondees for brunch in the Navigli. Today, I feel like I've achieved a sufficiently large amount to continue (doing both a phone shop and a food shop) but I'm planning on: a) going shopping; b) meeting up with a person for conversation exchange; and c) going out for dinner, alone, because I've yet to go to any restaurants for dinner!!

Last night I made it out for drinks with one of the secondees. It's the middle of the Salone di Mobile (sp?) festival here in Milan, so it was somewhat more crowded than usual. I was asked for directions three times. Twice in Italian, once in a mixture of Italian and English (by a French chappie from Paris, who asked where I was from, and then was like "but WHYYYYY did you leave London?!?").

Allora, vado al centro di Milano. Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews