Sunday 8 April 2012

La Pasqua Parfetta

California (Bakery) dreaming


Happy Easter everyone! I have spent the day thus far wandering and then going for brunch at California Bakery (the branch near Porta Venezia, although I expect to visit the others soon). I must say, despite me loving the espresso out here and the coffee being incredible (even in the office, sorprendamente), it was SO nice to have an americano or two.

Incidentally, if someone could explain to me why the espresso (short quick coffee, no time taken to drink) is Italian and the Americano is American (a longer coffee, which obviously isn't as "now now now" as the espresso), I would be very much obliged.

I realised that all I really want to do today (and most Sundays, if I'm honest) is to sit somewhere, preferably comfortable, and read or watch the world go by, preferably with a good soundtrack. So I have returned home after exploring the streets between California Bakery and my flat.

And now, I think I shall retire to my sun trap of a balcony to read the rest of the new Vogue Italia and maybe do a cheeky bit of Italian grammar with a homemade Aperol Spritz (senza prosecco). Gentle jazz is the order of the day.

Ciao ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews