Wednesday 11 April 2012

Notes on Italian Style (women)

The main thing that I've noticed about the stylish Italian women is that they manage to make trousers always look good. Even when they wear jeans, they are styled impeccably. I've noticed that skirts (certainly short ones) aren't worn as often.

Shirts and blazers are very much worn in a casual setting. I clearly need more.

Things I think I need to complete my wardrobe for summer include:

- tights which aren't opaque - this is fine for now, whilst the Milanese are wearing tights still. But I will need to invest at Calzedonia;
- summer shoes - ballet flats in light colours (including my requirements for arch support and a slight slight heel) and wedges/low heels;
- good quality plain tops;
- some (navy?) cropped trousers; and
- a coloured jacket (I'd love a turquoise biker style jacket but that might be a little specific).


Realistically, either I a) go back to London, in which case I need to make sure I have an amazing wardrobe from my time in Italy, or b) I stay in Milan, in which case I need to make sure I have an amazing wardrobe because I'll be living here. Oh no. Trauma.



Notable Italian things

- All women who ride Vespas ride them when wearing heels. AWESOME.
- Today was the first day I didn't see anyone wearing sunglasses. Today was the day it utterly tipped it down. Even the Milanese didn't wear sunglasses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews