Friday 24 August 2012

Highlights of my Milanese adventures


As I approach the end of my secondment in Milan (next Friday!), I thought now might be the time to reflect on some of the amazing experience I've been through.  Of course, this list is not exhaustive and I hope to have more adventures in Rome, but for now, I set out the below.




-  the atmosphere after Italy beat Germany to go through to the final of Euro 2012
-  nights out at Just Cavalli
-  riding on the back of a "motorino" through the deserted nighttime streets of Milan (don't tell my mother)
-  aperitivo and various lunches with the finance trainees (LADS)
-  sushi, prosecco, gelato and catching up with Italian girl bestie
-  being able to, if not quite hold my own, at least not feel completely out of my depth when speaking Italian with Italians
-  spontaneous steak dinner outside late at night with the other trainees
-  reading in my room with a view over Lake Como on a Saturday afternoon
-  eating gelato in the early evening watching the sun set over Lake Como
-  dramas with Italian boys
-  gazing out over Turin from the top of the hill just before a thunderstorm hits
-  an amazing shopping trip to Serravalle with Ruth, my secondee bestie
-  Ruth's genius comments including "portfolio", "spread the risk", "short nightie" etc.
-  afternoons at 10 Corso Como
-  being fortunate enough to go to an opera and a couple of recitals at La Scala
-  random invites to dinner/drinks/cities and just being spontaneous with accepting invitations
-  getting to know the trainees, even if it was towards the end of my secondment
-  brunches with various visitors and a new-old friend from uni
-  the people generally

1 comment:

Total Pageviews