Saturday 12 May 2012

Yet again, money swapped for pretty things

Ah.  Pericoloso.

At risk of me returning to my fashion blogging roots or becoming a documentary of my downward spiral into bankruptcy, this is yet another "look!  Look at the pretty things!" blogpost.

One of the secondees and I decided we would use the opportunity of a free weekend to visit one of Milan's famous outlet villages.  Serravalle is part of the MacArthur Glen group (which notably includes the designer outlet near York, where a chunk of my wardrobe originates).  However, Serravalle is more like a village than a mall in design, with "streets" in the open air.  Perfect for a day when it reached 31 degrees C (air conditioning forces you into the shops).  I must also say that the selection of designers is considerably better and obviously focussed towards a more discerning market.  Particular favourites included the Prada outlet with far more reasonably priced items than you'd expect, and a Burberry store.  Yes, a British brand, but a British brand which commands respect.

My friend and I had agreed on spending limits and on certain aims.  Hers included posh trousers/cropped trousers suitable for work and spring blouses.  Mine included work clothes, accessories and summer shoes.

Given that we had such aims, that we achieved these fairly admirably - it is, after all, difficult to set solid aims in an outlet mall where choice of stock that one would ever purchase can be limited.  My friend did buy some lovely trousers from Missoni but also invested in a fabulous beige trench coat from Burberry.  Absolutely classic.  I was incredibly jealous (the classic beige trenchcoat is not something that will ever suit my skin tone).

I, on the other, took a while to get started.  My first purchase was a red linen skirt from Prada (at €120, this was a bargain, even if I maybe need to lose about 4 pounds for it fit more comfortably... it does fit, it's just snug).  I also managed to a Philosophy di Alberta Ferreti black plain blazer for €99 and a useful clutch bag for nights out from Love Moschino.

And I thought I was done.  Until we headed back to Burberry to purchase aforementioned trenchcoat.  Near the checkouts, I caught sight of a fabulous Burberry Prorsum bag.  I returned it to the shelf, but couldn't stop looking at it.  It was one of the most beautiful bags I'd ever seen, and I am somewhat picky when it comes to bags.  It was a firm, structured bag, not too big but big enough for things like iPhone, BB, big purse, etc.  Reader, I purchased it.  I also had a rather good chat with the shop assistant, who wound up saying he loved my accent (it is, after all, a classic English accent, and I was, after all, in Burberry).

I blame my mother.  She said I was to buy something "fabulous, for her".  Mum, enjoy.

I'm now going to sit in my box and be a hermit for the next week.


 Love Moschino XX


Blazer and skirtLet's face it, Prada was a must


Navy and maroon stripes.  BEAUTY.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews